Sunday 27 June 2010

When life takes over.

Okay, first off I'm gonna apologize cause my guess is when I finally type up all I'm thinking, a whole lot of it isn't going to be remotely book related. So sorry in advance.
Do you know them days, the really sunny ones when you think the world just has to be right and you breakdown in tears 'cause its not? Well I'm having one of those days.
And partially I blame the Time Travellers Wife which I was re-reading. Unfortunately that's not the sole cause and I had to learn today what actually was the reason behind me crying at Henry's death, even though I knew it was going to happen.
But then I sat and thought about the reasons why I'm happy. These are what I've came up with
a) I'm going to EDINBURGH in a few weeks
b) In 6 days time me and my boyfriend will have been together for a year, seriously that's a big achievement for me!
c) I have no more exams to worry about until January
d) I have great friends and family, they are like a life support machine
e) I have an idea for a book, and would like to share an extract I have in my head with you later
f) Beautiful things captivate me each and everyday: bubbles, butterflies, the sunset, the feeling you only get after you achieve something, vintage stuff, the smell of old books, cupcakes, rainbows, walking barefoot on slightly damp grass, sitting with a candy striped notebook and a pot of pens waiting for the ideas to explode onto the paper and become real. These are the things I live for.
g) That I have my faith back. After losing my gran I turned my back on religion, now I'm learning to accept it back into my life.
h)Second chances.
i) The add to dictionary button :P

So I'm going to share my current favourites of the week basically cause it will cheer me up. Then I promise 2 more posts: a book review and an extract from my possible-someday-book :)
Fave song: Stand in the Rain by Superchic[k]
Fave book: Even though it brought on a breakdown, I can't resist Time Travellers Wife
Fave word: Hope. It's what gets me through
Fave place: The back garden because its boiling hot and full of beautiful flowers, and I like to spend a while on the rug with my dog Harry, a Diet Coke, sun lotion and a well-read book
Fave memory: This week it will have to be lying on the grass with Scott, looking up and seeing him illuminated by a halo of sunlight and falling in love again
Fave food: White Magnums
Fave Film: The Simpson's Movie. Yellow people shouldn't make me laugh that much "Steady, steady OWWW!" but apparently they do.

Book I want to read next week: Forbidden by Tabitha Szuma...wonder if I can convince my mates to let me go to the library tomorrow- I've been known to spend hours in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment