Saturday 26 June 2010

10 favourite books

1. Let's Get Lost by Sarra Manning- Because I could identify the whole awkward teenager and backstabbing friends and a past of being bullied with Isabel. And Smith is one of my favourite characters ever.
2. The Pact by Jodi Picoult- Okay so not the nicest of plots but I found Picoult's unique take on a controversial situation clever and captivating.
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban by J.K. Rowling-I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and this book is my favourite out of the series because I like the stuff about Sirius and James Potter's history.
4. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger- I've always liked the idea of time travel and Henry DeTamble is the best time traveller :)
5. Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause- Exactly what I want from a forbidden love story. And this time the female is the mythical creature. However my friend wasnt too impressed with me, cause I like Aiden better than Gabriel.
6. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen- I like this book because Remy is a quirky heroine, the cynic who falls in love. And Dexter reminds me of my own boyfriend, mussy clumzy and cute :)
7. Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold- Okay I like morbid books. I just like the way Sebold writes, she is really original in a topic that hasnt really been approached by writers before.
8. Lucky Star by Cathy Cassidy- Cassidy was one of my favourite authors when I was 12/13 and I got the amazing opportunity to meet her at a book signing in my school. The first book of hers I read was 'Dizzy' and I was totally taken in by Mouse's character which is why I love this book.
9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson- Blomkivist and Salander make a terrifyingly good pair.
10. A Note of Madness by Tabitha Szuma- I love this book because of the characters especially laid back Harry and energetic Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment