Saturday 26 June 2010

The Kite Runner- for Melissa :)

Since Melissa voted I am going to review 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini (Bloomsbury, 2004). I studied this book as part of my AS and my overall opinion is that it is a worthwhile book to read. The book follows the life of Amir, as he tries to make up for leaving his friend and servant, Hassan, to get raped in an alley. I like the book because it helped open my eyes to what I had done wrong in the past, and helped me start to forgive people who hurt me. I was really inspired by Hassan's character as he just took everything and got on with his life, still smiling. Unfortunately, Im not so nice about Amir and Baba. Another good character for me was Rahim Khan as he was a sort of mentor for Amir when Baba failed. I also liked Hosseini's use of language as he used it to tie the 2 very different cultures of Afghanistan and America together. My favorite part of the book was at the end when Sohrab smiles and Amir realises that although rescuing Sohrab doesnt make everything better its the first step towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment